WESTWOOD, Mass. -- The New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) has announced the 2018-19 Winter Academic All-Conference Team and a total of ten Wellesley College student-athletes have been honored for their academic excellence in the classroom.
Wellesley earned two selections from the basketball program and eight selections from the swimming & diving program. Honorees must have earned a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5/4.0 scale or 4.35/5.0 scale after the 2018 fall semester, achieved second year academic status at her institution, and been a member of the varsity team for the entire season.
A complete list of Wellesley honorees can be found below:
Swimming & Diving (8):
- Jessie Feng '19 (Princeton, N.J.)
- Sarah Gladstone '20 (Brookline, Mass.)
- Maggie Haley '20 (Shady Side, Md.)
- Ingrid Henderson '19 (Berkeley, Calif.)
- Hannah May '21 (Cincinnati, Ohio)
- Danielle Peterson '20 (Livingston, N.J.)
- Annika Walker '21 (Lafayette, Calif.)
- Crystal Zhu '19 (Chelmsford, Mass.)
The New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference consists of 11 highly selective institutions committed to academic excellence: Babson College, Clark University, U.S Coast Guard Academy, Emerson College, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Mount Holyoke College, Smith College, Springfield College, Wellesley College, Wheaton College, and Worcester Polytechnic Institute.