Feb 26, 2018
Bridget Belgiovine, Wellesley's Director of Athletics and Chair of the PERA Department, and junior Laura McGeary (Tucson, Ariz.) of the Blue Basketball team, will take part in the Wellesley Centers for Women Lunchtime Seminar Series on Thursday, March 1, 2018 from 12:30-1:30 PM in Room 413 of the Lulu Chow Wang Campus Center. It's March - But is it Madness? An Exploration of NCAA Women's Basketball will explore the fascinating experience of NCAA Women's Basketball in the midst of March Madness, including aspects such as predictability, logic, policy, analysis, history, and significant milestones.
The talk will be led by a knowledgeable group of NCAA Women's Basketball fans, with Belgiovine and McGeary being joined by:
- Georgia Hall, Ph.D., associate director of WCW and director of the National Institute on Out-of-School Time (NIOST), a program of WCW
- Laura Pappano, inaugural writer-in-residence at WCW and an experienced journalist who has written extensively about gender equity issues in sports
- Lisette DeSouza, Ph.D., postdoctoral research scientist working with scholars at NIOST and WCW
Can't attend in person? This presentation will be streamed live on the WCW Facebook page.
About the Wellesley Centers for Women Lunchtime Seminar Series
- Seminars are free and open to the public, no RSVP required. Check the schedule: wcwonline.org/ca
- Bring your lunch; tea, coffee, and cookies will be provided.
- For accessibility questions: disabilityservices@
- If you plan to bring a class, please call 781.283.2500 so that we may better accommodate the group.